You can't always get what you want... First were the feet... I sprayed some aluminium on the thrusters there, masked them with BluTack and then proceeded to spray on Mr. Hobby Color's Burnt Iron... Without priming the piece first... It did not went well...
This is what I get for being lazy... and maybe thinning the paint too much... This look would be ok/desired if I were weathering this suit, though :)
Then I went on with the work on the emblems - you know, the silver/black parts with NeoZeon logos on it, etc. that go on the hands and such.
Since the provided stickers are a laugh, I had to come up with something different. GaiGun already tried tackling this problem when working on his amazing Canary of Death, but: 1) there weren't such "convenient" stickers provided with Kshatriya and 2) I thought (and I still do! ;)) that I came up with a better solution. As you see from the main picture above, it can produce some nice results... but because I used hairspray instead of good ol' Future (I thought that hairspray would provide a harder, tougher protection), I created a layer that did not stick to the paint underneath (aluminium) and got ripped of easily:
Again, this would look nice on a weathered kit ;) But at least now I know why FichtenFoo uses hairspray for his awesome rust effects
So I'll try again, this time with Future as the protective layer and report back with the whole process nicely described :) For now, I cleaned up the pieces:
I must say - I like this look and will definitely try weathering some time in the future (when I gain some more experience :))
But not everything went bad... :D The binders are coming together quite nicely. To expose the funnels, I decided to paint the cavities that they are docked in with light blue. It might seem like a odd colour choice, but it should nicely fit with the general colour scheme I chose :) Here's the process:
Next, gently rolled back the parts that are outside of the cavity. You can finish here, if the result is satisfactory or...
...take a BBQ stick/toothpick and make some final "adjustments". Voila! Now, all that's left is to prime it and paint with metallic black :)
One last thing that failed (ugh, that's a lot) was the main colour I chose - since it's a bright colour (think pink or the like) it did not look good when sprayed directly on Mr. Surfacer (awesome as he is ;)). So I bought some Mr. Base White 1000 and will see how it turns out now :)
Till next time~